2019 Doll Round Up...My Top Ten Acquisitions and my misses.

So for the purposes of this 2019 dolly year in the review, I'm not counting the countless plastic broads on pre-order still (the three Retrofuture ladies, Colette, Mdm. Eden, and Ocean Drive Agnes).  At this point I can't even remember why I ordered that Agnes and might try to pass her on....le sigh. I am also opening this up to dolls from year's past that are recent acquisitions to my collection.

So, without further ado, here are my personal favs that I added to my doll collection in 2019 (in no particular order).

#1 Awakening Annik

The wait was long for this doll but I think she is really cool.  I got lucky and mine had good hair.



#2 Heads Up Poppy Parker Yellow! Super cute. The style lab this year was pretty stellar. I just broke down and sold the copper redhead.  She was cute but I try to keep the Poppy squad to a minimum lest they rise up and take over the world.

#3 Groovy Poppy in Beauty Blossoms: I love the color of her pigtails along with this outfit. She's really soft and cute.

#4 Yeti For It Tulabelle: I like the re-sculpt and love these fashions. She's adorable.

#5 Plum Powers: Silver foxy lady.  She's got amazing attitude and photographs well. Love her. I still might put her on a taller body though, maybe an East 59th body to make her look a little more mature compared to the Industry kids.

#6 NYFW Karolin Stone: She's stunning and the screening made her an instant grail. This will be a doll that people will be dying for in a couple of years.

#7 Montaigne Market Elyse: FINALLY! I've been wanting this doll for five years. I got her by trading two style lab poppies so it was a total win for me. She is currently slaying it in Agnes' bee choker and the Secret Garden McQueen trench. I adore her.

#8 Beyond the Planet Violet Violaine: She's pretty darn gorgeous. The screening of the sculpt combined with lovely purple hair.  Love love love.  I initially had passed her up and then was haunted by her when i saw collector's photos.  I scored her at convention in the bazaar.  Yee haw.

#9 Looks a Plenty Blue Hair Poppy. Super cute.  I love the festive hair Poppy dolls.  I think she looks great in this cherry red style lab fashion.

#10 All Aboard on the 2nd Evelyn Weaverton

I had originally split this one only for the fashions...but then bought the doll nude on ebay because I decided that I needed her. She's gorgeous and I think she redresses a bit better than my Classic Glamour Evelyn. 



Honorable Mentions:

Feeling Extra Jade: I picked this one up on big discount only for the outfit but ended up loving her. The fashion is really amazing.  The purse and little turban headband are my favorite little accessories of the year.

Mattel Create a World Blonde: This was a combined present for me and my son. I got it for 9.99 on sale at walmart and decided to check it out. I might make some clothes for the doll for my etsy store. I really support the concept of this doll and appreciate how Mattel is making huge leaps in being inclusive with their doll lines. The clothes are nicely made too. Here's the doll in the outfit my son picked out.

Wild Hearts Club Cori Cruize and Jacy Masters: cute playline dolls with articulation and different body sizes. I scored them on sale at walmart for $10.  The little fashion packs are adorable too.

Question marks...so I still haven't taken Kicky Poppy and the convention Spring 2017 Elyse out of their boxes.  That is usually a sign that I am not feeling them.  I still think I want to keep Elyse though.  And I still think Kicky will look adorable posed with Hold That Tiger...so she might still stay.  I decided to sell London Show.  She is lovely...but I am still not inspired to get her out of the box. I was able to to do a trade in order to acquire several of the Jem and Misfits fashions that I was missing.  I think I now have all the fashions except for the Broadway magic dress. I don't miss her.

My misses:

I bought Level of Suspense Lukas and he remains in his box and I cannot seem to sell him either. Oye. I'm not sure I am still loving Bossa Nova either.  This was overall a really weird year.  I added far fewer dolls than normal...well maybe I should clarify that I added far few NEW dolls.  Several of my acquisitions were from year's past (DG Jasper, ITBE Minx, Momokos, MM Elyse etc). I was not feeling the underwear NuFace lottery dolls.  I only wanted the Tina Tanaka from the Poppy Brazil lineup. From convention this year, as of now I have kept two Poppy style labs, Plum Powers, and Karolin with Kicky Poppy and Elyse waiting to see if they stay or go.

So what does 2020 hold?  I currently have the three RetroFuture dolls on order.  I also have Mdm Eden and Colette waiting for me.  I am already a bit wishy washy on Ocean Drive Agnes though. I still suspect that we will be getting a Mdm Lilith...either as a club doll or possibly on of the 2020 club upgrade dolls.  I still have not decided about the 2020 convention.  I really want to go of course, but having it on Halloween puts a lot of stress on my family.  But it's like the one super fun awesome thing I got to do...so I am going to try to make it happen.  I have been really interested in getting a Pidgin doll too...but dang they are expensive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!