Versailles Poppy Convention Upgrade Doll and Other Doll Collecting Woes

My resistance is high as of late. (Well mostly high). I even managed to purge down the collection recently by four or five gals so that we could buy a car. I also resisted this gal.  She is a beauty and the hair and skintone are amazeballs.  The dress does nothing for me though and I already have a bronzed gal coming with the Bossa Nova Poppy.  And whoa...we still haven't seen THIS YEAR's Poppy lineup.  I adored the spy gals in the first go around, so I can only imagine how tempting the new collection will be. IF WE EVER SEE IT!!!!  And of course it will all ship like two days before or after the October convention.  Le sigh.


Anyway...the convention package recently dropped.  There was NO CHANCE I was dropping money to pre-order the convention collection.  I learned that lesson the hard way when I had to practically beg someone to buy that Simonetta gal at a huge loss from a couple years back. Nope. I just wait to pick up the gals that I like in person. And since I am not a ball gown person, the collection is often filled with ballgowns and things I do not like.  I tend not to speculate and try to sell them unless I am at convention and have found someone to buy it before I get into the souvenir room.  Now I usually pre-order the whole style lab because it is my favorite thing and I generally want to keep quite a bit of  the clothing. I often keep two or three of the dolls too.  I am trying to maintain the doll population at its current number...so in order to keep a new doll, and old doll usually has to get the boot.  The recent purging has allowed for a few more vacancies though so this convention could get pricey in a hurry. 

I waffled for a while on pre-ordering the Poppy Style Lab.  The concept of "What if Poppy were real and turned into a doll" is less than clear.  My take is that they are going to do a vintage Barbie thing to her with the cute boxes and carded fashions.  They might even reference some vintage babs fashions too.  I also think, seeing how it is the anniversary of Poppy, that we might see some retakes on Poppy classic looks.  According to the style lab pre-order, two completer bodies are included when you order the whole shebang, which indicates that there are at least two heads on chestplates mixed in the set.  I am kind of hopping for a version of Barbie Fashion Queen but instead of wigs, we get three heads in the different hair colors.  It is also not clear if the six dolls (and possibly two bonus heads) will all be of the Poppy sculpt or will we see Darla, Jolie, Tina, Loni, or even the infamous Ginger make an appearance?  Or the fellas?  I suspect that if Ginger does not appear in the new Poppy mainline collection, that we will see her at convention as possibly a bonus salesroom doll.  Someone on the W Club suggested she could appear as the build a giftset souvenir...or if that ends up being a Poppy giftset, then maybe Ginger is the table gift. Oh the suspense....

So for about thirty minutes hours on the day the order links went live, I decided to just wait and get style lab at the convention...risking the possibility of missing out on a piece.  Then of course I changed my mind and just ordered it.  One less thing to worry about.  I am also hoping that, with the convention being in Baltimore (home to Integrity Toys), that the warehouse will be able to ship things out a whole lot quicker post convention than previous years where the wait felt interminable.

I did, of course, spring for the W Club Luncheon too.  With the whole convention attendance being a massive 700+ people, I expect that the luncheon numbers will be quite large. Here's praying for an edible meal this time...or was that the Poppy lunch with the crap quiche?  I cannot even remember anymore.

In other news, everything is shipping RIGHT NOW.  East 59th just arrived and they all look amazing.  I finally picked up my Awakening Annik from Gigi's and mine is PERFECTION. I just paid for my Divinely Elyse and Garden Eugenia to ship.  I am selling Elyse's fashion and only keeping the purses, jewels, and the trenchcoat from Eugenia I think.  I am sure Bossa Nova Poppy and the Upgrade Lukas will also be coming shortly.  Ugh. 

I did manage to do a round of redressing on at least five or six gals though in the last week.  I will try to take my usual crap photos of them just to prove it.  I am also trying to get a huge load of stuff ready for room sales and the Bazaar at the convention.  I sent a small stash of t-shirts with Pam of the Tiny Frock Shop to the Barbie Convention as well.  Starting on competition entries and finishing a few remaining custom orders next week.  Also a reroot that I have left languising.

Oh Right...here's Versailles Poppy.

Item # PP155
Gardens of Versailles
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
2019 Convention Exclusive Upgrade
Non-attending members-Only Price: $150.00 + s & H
Approximate Delivery Date:
October 2019
Edition Size: TBD
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body Type: Poppy Parker
Foot Sculpt: High Heeled
Skin Tone: Sunkissed
Hair Color: Black
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!