Best of 2018-A Year of Plastic Bishes in Review

Another year down. Here are my personal favorite doll acquisitions of 2018. I’m only counting dolls in hand and not the ones on pre-order...

In no particular order:


Wonder Woman by Robert Tonner
Tonner Gal Gadot Wonder Woman
Featuring a pretty good likeness of Gal Godot and exciting new articulation, the new Wonder Woman Doll based on the film was a impulsive addition to my collection that I don’t regret. After being unimpressed by promo photos (Tonner’s promo photos have been absolute rubbish for quite some time), I was driven to buy her after seeing his unboxing video of the doll. In hand, she is gorgeous and the outfit is very detailed. I also am a fan of the new stand. I have not added any of the fashions or the training version. The price points are daunting but I am keeping an eye out for good sales. ***gahhh...Tonner just announced that Tonner Doll is no more. So no chance of the other Justice League dolls that were in the works...and no 1985 Wonder Woman. Booo. I hope to score one more doll just to make my own...and the Training Version perhaps. Oye...if only they weren't so pricey. I wonder what he did with the leftover merchandise? I don't believe he sold out when they had that Wonder Woman Black Friday sale...hmmmm.

Those pom pom heels are everything.
Daydream Dasha by Integrity Toys

Gorgeous romantic screening and vintage finger waves in auburn hair. Plus a fluffy pooch. She is a great contrast to my Anika Luxotica Dasha that will cut you. What is great here is that she is very versatile. She can wear both the modern and the vintage looks so well.

Hot to Touch Bellamy Blue by Integrity Toys

Bellamy, introduced as the brother to Rufus Blue, is the latest edition to the Industry line. He has a fantastic sculpt and the fashion for this doll was really outstanding. I am very impressed by the Industry collection overall but this one in particular really hit it out of the park with highly detailed pieces that will mix and match well.



Luxe Life Nu Face Twins: Public Adoration Eden and Afterglow Lilith

Man I am over the moon for these two. They are perfection. The jewelry on Eden alone was one of the best things of the year.

Poppy love.
Peace of my Heart Poppy Parker by Integrity Toys

Poppy was a IFDC doll and I was lucky enough to get her in the w club lottery. She is gorgeous. I love the flat feet and the hair color in combination with the facial screening.

Faces of Adele 3.0 by Integrity Toys

I sold off 1.0 but kept the other two. 3.0 is beyond perfect with the big fluffy long hair and I also like the cut of the dress paired with the tall boots.

Industry Miss Behave Lark Lawrence and Hollis

I just got them out and started redressing. They were definitely my favorites from the Style Lab at convention this year. The fashions were also great this year and I kept all of the ladies fashions but two (the purple prom dress and the long black floral dress).

Honorable Mentions:

Barbie Fashionistas: Curvy Afro with stripe dress and Skipper Undercut

Once again, Babs has been catching my eye and I was sooo pleased to score these two before Christmas. They are really unique. I just need to get them articulated bods now. I wish the curvy articulated body was taller though.

Love this hello kitty bow blouse. Super cute.

Other awesome things:

Barbie Fashion Packs

I have been dropping so much money on fashion packs and actually putting them on dolls...regularly. I’m looking forward to more of the pop culture fashions. I wish they weren’t sized to fit all the dolls because they end up fitting none of the dolls well. I have a lot of fun with these.  Check out my Barbie Fashion flickr album for the fun potential.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!