2018 Luxe Life Round Up

Oye. I've been home for five days and I am just beginning to recover. The combination of the time change, my already being sick, and sleep deprivation was BRUTAL. But it was a great time and the dolls were GORGEOUS.

The Style Lab dolls not actually being there was a bit of a bummer. I pre-ordered them and now will get pre-shipping for my trouble. Can't complain about that really. The dolls and fashions look AMAZEBALLS though. I am always a fan of the style lab and these were absolutely perfect.  I will likely keep all the lady fashions.  I am not sure about the male fashions yet as I feel I already have similar styles (though the red coat is kind of cool). I doubt I am keeping the men and will probably only keep Rufus, Ellery, Hollis, and Lark. I have not decided on Gavin yet. I was pleased to see the Jem/CI sculpts make a comeback (in a smaller scale to match the Industry body). The Build a Doll Poppy looks STUNNING. If I am seeing it correctly, she has a silver and black french manicure. I also love the makeup. It seems like people are ready to do some dark arts in order to get their hands on her. The Poppy doll parts will come in the fashion packs and the outfit pieces will come with the dolls. Since the Style Lab was delayed, we still don't know which part comes in the various outfits. This Poppy also comes in the cream skintone and I believe this is the first time she's been in cream. So it will be trickier to find a body for her should someone get lucky and find the head.  I am looking forward to the impending Poppy Body Part Black Market Hustle.  Conventioners will be offered the right to buy Style Lab Miss Behave extras first and then they will be offered to W Club members. I thought the pieces were limited to 400 but I have also seen 450 as the final number. Regardless, that will make this Poppy very limited. I have already seen offers of $800 for her. Yikes.  I caved and sold Big Eyes earlier this year as her asking price was just making me too nervous to keep her. I think this one will stay in my collection though.

The FR Girls at the convention were designed by Jason Wu and inspired by Christian LaCroix with a dash of Dynasty. We see the LaCroix trademark bubble skirt on Eugenia, Adele, and Agnes. The ponytails were high (meh) and shoes were tied (long ribbons...double meh). I ended up keeping the Centerpiece Adele fashion (Soul Deep is rocking it out) and selling her nude. Elyse and Agnes, sporting festive color streaks and crowns, were very pretty but I just don't do poofy gowns. So I managed to secure a great trade and got a Pink Ciao ITC Poppy for the souvenir Elyse.  WEEEEE! I am contemplating selling or trading Affluent Demeanor Agnes.  I passed on the rest of the FR Convention Collection and IT Direct Gals: Eugenia, Kyori, and Tatyana. Pretty but not for me. We also got the Look of Luxe Veronique (which I sold...pretty makeup and hair color but again, not my style) and a Natalia in a cute little suit but a super boring updo. I like the suit though and my convention roomie Kate took Natalia's hair down and it looked great.  I am planning to sell her since I already have the Sacred Lotus Natalia on pre-order. It was revealed that for next year, Jason would be designing the dolls for the Gala Dinner only and Jessy would be taking over the rest of the FR dolls for convention.

The NuFace girls, designed by Jessy Ayala were KILLER. In the collection, there was Optic Illusion Giselle sporting a hair and screening like Optic Verve Agnes and an acid yellow mini version of a recent Beyonce fashion. I love her coloring and the yellow beret. I plan to display her sans the skirt and adding a pair of wide leg pants maybe. There was an amazing Violane in the OOaK raffle room that totally won me over to that sculpt in the NuFace line. Can't wait to see her again. The NuFace luncheon gave us two perfect twins in the sunkissed skintone. Lilith dressed as "Donatella Malfoy" in Jessy's words and the Eden with pink hair. I was in love with them both and they totally made the convention for me. I immediately gave the adorable Changing Winds Eden the boot when I got home though as she felt redundant next to these gals. I even love their little Dynasty mini-dresses. Eden also has great jewelry.

East 59th had another Victoire in the convention collection and another beauty in the raffle room. I resisted both. I did pick up a complete Mommy Dearest giftset fashion in the souvenir shop for my East 59th gals to wear.

Poppy Parker had yet another strong showing at convention. David Buttry did like a Doctor Shivago Russian winter travel thing with the girls this year. All four dolls featured great winter ensembles with dresses or skirts paired with boots and overcoats. Chiller Thriller, Gold Snap, and Snowstopper also had cute matching luggage. Lemon Frost, the first AA souvenir Poppy, did not have a case but did have a really adorable yellow and turquoise brocade coat. I got them all...but sold or am selling all but Lemon Frost nude. Out of this World Poppy is currently wearing Chiller Thriller. It looks perfect on her.  Next year is the tenth anniversary of Poppy and there will be three different themes for the convention dolls: the Poppy Luncheon, the Convention Collection, and then the Style Lab will be Poppy Parker! So I assume that the Style Lab will also feature some of the other Poppy characters like Darla, Loni, Tina, etc...and not just be a Poppypalouza. I can't wait to see the fashions from the style lab. I really hope that I can attend the convention in Baltimore next year!

In the souvenir shop, there were lots of tempting things. I went a little nuts. There were lots of little bagged goodies like Poppy shoes and some bags. I was pleased to get the Poppy bathing suit from the Italian Doll Convention. I also got a cute little disco queen fashion for the Industry gals. They had more CI girls this year and I bought a very cute Blue Burkhardt with purple Shana hair and the Jillian from last year. Very happy. I also dropped lots of cash at the Azone table getting some outfits. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!