IT Gloss Convention Dolls & Photos...AKA Why I am so Broke...

I spent the weekend de-boxing and prepping things for sales.  This time last year I was doing the same thing though I seem to be keeping WAY more this time around (which means some of last year's spoils need to vacate). 

Nocturnal Glow
VĂ©ronique Perrin® Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls

I am still tempted to keep this one.  I really like this dress but I just don't do evening wear.  I so prefer day and cocktail looks that can be mixed and matched.  The ballgowns and evening dresses do nothing for me. Same goes for Grandiose Natalia.  I like the doll and the makeup but the fun red in her eye makeup also makes her pretty specific to this dress.  I think I will just bide my time for the perfect Natalia for me.  That being said, both of these dolls are stunning and I love the 1970s Halston vibe on Natalia.

Grandiose
Natalia FatalĂ©™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss

Limited Edition of 500 Dolls





Oh Kyori...sigh.  You are going to be a challenge.  I am trying REAL hard to stick to the ONE SCULPT TO RULE THEM ALL thing...and I do really love last year's Dangerous to Know aka Anna May Wong Kyori. I am already breaking this rule with reckless abandon (*cough* Elise/Agnes * cough*).  But I love this glam fair and face.  The jumpsuit would also look real swell alongside Le Smoking Adele and Intrigue Elise.  Hmmm.

Item # 91357
Nightshade
Kyori Sato™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls










Finally, one that does not tempt me in the least.  Eugenia is very pretty but totally not for me.  At least I had one easy choice to make. 

Item # 91358
Cold-Shoulder
Eugenia Perrin Frost™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls








Again, also not tempted in the least by Adorned.  I am still wild about my Fashion Explorer Vanessa. This one looks great with the 'Farrah" hair and I love how her eyes match the gorgeous blue of the dress. But again...not my jam.
 

Item # 91359
Adorned
Vanessa Perrin™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls



I wanted to like Simonetta and I will wait to see her in person before I make my final ruling.  So far I am a little cold.  The fashion is nice but I also have all the little black dresses from both Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's so I don't really need yet another one.  I think maybe I would like her more if she were tan?  Or maybe as a red head?  Some were saying that she looks "cartoony"...and I am like, "duh" that is the whole aesthetic of these dolls.  There is nothing realistic about Victoire either.  They look like fashion illustrations and vintage fashion dolls.

Item # 76020
La Ville Lumiere (The City of Lights)
Simonetta Bertorelli™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 600 Dolls 







Yeah, platinum blonde Poppy is a total no brainer. Slam dunk! This one will make up for missing out on the silver hair Poppy that came with the Loni Mistress of Disguise doll. She is going to look swell with the W Club Girl from Integrity Doll and her black bob.  



Dark Moon
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls 






And Now onto the IT Direct Dolls.  I did a good job resisting MOST of these.  Hanne is pretty in this skin-tone and her makeup and hair are amazing.  It is the first time that I have liked this sculpt. The dress is lovely.  It reminds me of Red Hot Tyler, which is quite possibly the best convention doll Tonner has ever done. I am trying to avoid the FR16 line though...for sanity's sake.



Afterhours
Hanne Erikson™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 300 Dolls


The "Malibi" ITBE dolls were cute but once again, totally not for me.  They reminded me of a trio of bitchy mean girls.  

Jolt! (peach)
Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls

Item # 15061
Oomph! (Pink)
Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls 

Zing! (Turquoise)
Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls 














Wild Thing Poppy is wonderful.  I love her hair and screening.  I already have her on the shelf.  Huzzah. The outfit is wonderful but those boots are not for the faint of heart or the fat of fingers.  Those are all tiny buckles that need to be individually adjusted my friends...no easy task.  It could be an Olympic event.  She might never get redressed at this rate.  Keeping that pirate hat on was also a chore.

Wild Thing
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 600 Dolls 




Victoire is also already deboxed and on the shelf.  Totally love this mini-giftset and the story behind it. I plan to make some accessories to go with the set (a little stripe shirt and a red scarf...a beret...etc).  The jewelry is amazing.  I also love the redhead ponytail and the delicate pink-toned makeup on her.  She is adorable.

Dial "V" For Victoire
Victoire Roux™ Dressed Doll
The 2014 Integrity Toys Convention: Gloss
Limited Edition of 500 Dolls 


So to round it up, from the convention collection proper, I seem to only be keeping Dark Moon Poppy. Still waiting on a decision about Kyori when the collection finally arrives.  Then the rest get sold so that I can afford to keep these other gals.  From the IT Direct Exclusives, I kept Wild Thing Poppy and Dial V Victoire.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!