Madame Alexander 2014 Collection- 16" Dolls

It's been awhile since I have paid attention to Madame Alexander.  I am pretty limited in my 'little girl' doll collecting with the odd Tiny Betsy here and there so the bulk of her offerings are lost on me.  I used to have a few Alex dolls but no longer.  I do still have some Alex clothes and if they still made stand alone outfits, I would likely buy them. I did notice a few interesting offerings in the latest collection though.

Madame Alexander Isaac Mizrahi Classic Iconic Collection

"Isaac Mizrahi Iconic Alex" - Limited Edition of only 250 pieces.

Estimated ship date: mid-June  

Retails for $199/ Two Day Dreamers Price $159

The Furry hat is festive.  The rest...meh.  I like the puffer coat and it would be cute on Tullabelle.  I would be more interested in some skinny jeans, great boots, and a handbag.









In the Wizard of Oz Collection, Madame Alexander is jumping on the 're-imagined' train with some 16" Steampunk offerings.  So far, I can only find pictures for the Wicked Witch and none for Dorothy and Glinda. I cannot remember the last time I put an Alex outfit on a Tonner doll.  My memory is that some things fit just fine and others were a bit tight.  The shoes were also hit and miss.  But these fashions on the steampunk dolls might be worth investigating for the Tonner Witches..or maybe these witches would suit you better.  Alex dolls actually have WAY better articulation than Tonner dolls.  


Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz Collection

"Steam Punk Wicked Witch of the West" features a 16 inch fully articulated, green skinned Alex. Included broom

She is being produced as a Limited Edition of 350 pieces.

Estimated ship date: early September

Retails $199/ Two Day Dreamers Price $159.95

First of all...that broom. Look at how fun that broom is!  The dress is just fine...not the most amazing thing ever but still fun.  Looks like this is fitting slightly loose on the doll so it might actually fit on a Tonner Witch.  And for the price, well a dressed Tonner Witch nowadays would set you back at least $200 and would likely NOT have a festive broom accessory.  Dorothy comes with a dog and basket which I cannot wait to see.  I assume Glinda will come with a wand or something...but we will have to wait and see for now.

Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz Collection

"Steam Punk Dorothy" features a fully articulated, 16" Alex doll. She is being produced as a Limited Edition of 350 pieces. Includes Steam Punk Toto and basket.

Estimated ship date: early-to-mid September

Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz Collection

"Steam Punk Glinda the Good Witch" features a fully articulated 16 inch Alex doll. She is being produced as a Limited edition of 350 pieces.

Estimated ship date: early September


There is a 16" Pan Am Stewardess...but I think this is from last year's collection.  She is cute.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!