Knitting: a wee Katniss cowl

So since seeing Hunger Games Catching Fire...I became obsessed with the Katniss Cowl (like the rest of the knitting world). I also bought a Tonner Katniss doll in order to make tiny versions of the film fashions for myself and to sell. I worked up a bunch of patterns based on the film clothes and plan to sew them up this week.

I am planning a cowl for me and thought I would test out some theories with a mini version  for Tonner Katniss instead. I have made three now and I think I have it down for the doll size.  For human sizes I think I will use a combo of crochet and knitting with a focus on the herringbone stitch and and using some short rows for shaping...maybe even a cable to mimic some of the textures.  I tried both for the doll and decided to stick with crochet for the whole thing.   I used a size D hook with knit picks palette fingering weight yarn in silver. And the cowl part is a drawstring cord core with the yarn crocheted around it.  

Now onto the leather hunting jacket. I have not decided if I will make the pants and t-shirt to sell as well. It seems like a lot of collectors would already have similar pants and a shirt...in fact the original Tonner Katniss outfit pants and shirt would work for to complete the outfit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!