Baby Crafting: Mini Hawaiian Shirt

So my husband is a big blues man. Chicago Blues Fest is like his Christmas. Every year he sets up shop on the lawn in his hat and Hawaiian shirt and has the best day. So I came across a tiny straw baby hat yesterday at Buy Buy Baby and just had to get it.  Today I decided to make a little mini me version of daddy. I used Butterick pattern 5510 and made the medium size. I used fabric that I had bought in Maui...it was a big bag of scraps left from cutting Hawaiian shirts from a quilt booth at our hotel...just the right size to squeeze a little baby shirts in.  Who knew? The medium size will likely be too large for him in June...but i figured too big is not a bad thing...he will likely be wearing a onesie underneath and a larger shirt will keep more sun off of him. 

The pattern itself was pretty quick and easy to make. I plan to make some more. My friend suggested this would make a great Magnum PI shirt...just have to get him sunglasses, a Tigers hat, and a mustache.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!