Jem & the Holograms Wave 2: The Holograms!!!!

 SQUEAL!!!!  So excited. I was both surprised and yet not surprised at the same time.  I knew we would be getting some other characters, but I suspected we would only be getting one or two from the Holograms and maybe one of two from the Misfits.  I much prefer getting the Holograms in one chunk so that I have a nice complete set without the risk of the series being cancelled before they are complete (seems unlikely but I have been burned MANY times).  I called my dealer and I am now waiting for confirmation.
Item # 14026
KIMBER BENTON™
The JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS™ Collection
Limited Edition of 1000 Dolls Only
Suggested Retail Price: US $119.00
Estimated Ship Date: Early March 2013
KIMBER BENTON is romantic, rebellious, and emotional, and she sometimes envies the attention that is paid to her big sister, JERRICA BENTON.  Ever since she was a child, KIMBER has been writing and playing music.  Her father had hoped that she would follow her late mom's path into music and she did- She writes songs, plays keyboards, and sings backing vocals for The Holograms.  She is also the co-owner of Starlight Music with her sister, JERRICA BENTON.

KIMBER BENTON is a fully articulated 12-inch vinyl doll with rooted hair and hand applied eyelashes.  Perfectly styled with an awesome 80's look, KIMBER BENTON comes dressed in her truly outrageous stage costume and includes high-heeled pumps, her true-to-character, ultra-detailed keytar instrument with plug-in amp cable, shoulder strap, doll stand and a certificate of authenticity.  For adult collectors 14 and up only!


Item # 14027
AJA LEITH™
The JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS™ Collection
Limited Edition of 1000 Dolls Only
Suggested Retail Price: US $119.00
Estimated Ship Date: Early March 2013

AJA LEITH was the Benton sisters' first foster sister.  She's a levelheaded tomboy who enjoys sports, is good with tools, and speaks Chinese (she's Asian-American).  AJA usually drives the Rockin' Roadster, too. She plays lead guitar in The Holograms!

AJA LEITH is a fully articulated 12-inch vinyl doll with rooted hair and hand applied eyelashes.  Ready to dazzle the audience and demonstrate the extent of her finely tuned guitar talents, AJA LEITHcomes dressed in her truly outrageous stage costume and includes high-heeled pumps, her signature ultra-detailed electric guitar, complete with realistic miniature strings, whammy bar and plug-in amp cable!  It also includes a doll stand and a certificate of authenticity.  For adult collectors 14 and up only!


Item # 14028
SHANA ELMSFORD™
The JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS™ Collection
Limited Edition of 1000 Dolls Only
Suggested Retail Price: US $119.00
Estimated Ship Date: Early March 2013

SHANA ELMSFORD was the second foster sister that the Bentons brought into their home.  She's less confident than the other Holograms, but she not only plays drums, she also designs the girls' outfits.  In fact, at one point, she leaves the band to work full-time as a designer, but eventually returns - and then, switches to play bass guitar!  SHANA is one of the most multi-talented HOLOGRAMS!

SHANA ELMSFORD is a fully articulated 12-inch vinyl doll with rooted hair and hand applied eyelashes.  Always ready for a good jam session, SHANA ELMSFORD comes dressed in her truly outrageous stage costume and includes high-heeled pumps, her signature ultra-detailed bass guitar, complete with realistic miniature strings, whammy bar and plug-in amp cable!  It also includes a doll stand and a certificate of authenticity.  For adult collectors 14 and up only!


I am overall pretty pleased with them. The details on the instruments are amazing!  I think Kimber is clearly the best of the set.  I think Aja's hair is not as crisp and choppy as I would have liked and i am sure I will do some kung fu to her to make it more accurate to the cartoon.  Shana's hair works for me but I think her makeup is a bit...lacking?  I hope we get Raya at some point so we have the drums.  I am thinking of re-rooting the caramel skinned Color Infusion Model I have to be Raya.  I have some drums from a Barbie set from a few years back that will work as a stand in.  I imagine they will make Raya at some point...but I feel a little impatient about it.

The big surprise is the lack of another Jem doll.  I thought for sure we would see another version in this wave.  I feel really bad for the folks that missed the first wave.  However, there is still the W Club doll coming.  I am hoping for a Jem FlipSide Fashion Giftset myself.  But I also would be not surprised to see Raya as the club exclusive doll.

I am sure we have not seen the last of Jem for the year though with there sure to be at least one more wave coming out in the fall if not one before.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!