Comics, Quilts, Makeup, and Costumes...yee haw!

Oh my it has been a very busy couple of weeks.  12th Night at the college has come and gone.  It looked stunning but nearly killed us.  Ditto for the dance concert.  I sewed like the wind.   We got so much accomplished and the end results looked amazing.  I also managed to dance without falling on my face.  I did jack up the tap piece a bit but I don't think it was catastrophic.  The ballet piece went off without a hitch.  On friday, I hit the Benefit counter at Bloomingdale's on Michigan Avenue to get my red lipstick for the wedding and got hooked up with some wonderful swag.  After that I hopped on the bus and headed to C2E2.  The convention was great and friday was perfect for me...totally not crowded.  I was not prepared for it though...just way to too tired to take full advantage of the day.  I did get my comics signed by Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Paul Mounts, and Gail Simone.  I also went to three panels: Comics and Mythology, Gays in Comics, and Monster Mash-up (Quirk books presents Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, Android Karenina, Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters, and Dawn of the Dreadfuls).  All the panels were amazing.  I also spent lots of time in the tonner booth looking at the new dolls and, of course, purchased the amazing Huntress Tonner Character Figure.  I also did some drooling over at the DC Direct display and they have some killer new DC swag coming out.  I will elaborate shortly in podcast form.

And just in case you thought I was trying to take it easy...I started on two quilts and three new knitting projects.  Yes I am indeed crazy.  I picked up an old quilt project...a "quip" (quilt-in-progress).  I have no idea what my original intent was...me thinks it was a baby blanket.  I also don't know what the square pattern is.  I might make it a contest.  I have nearly all the squares pieced together now with only two more squares to go.  Then I will need to go to the fabric stash of the fabric store to get the sashing and backing fabric to finish this puppy up.  I also started on my wedding quilt.  Its a dresden plate quilt inspired by the book Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots.  This books is stunningly yummy.  I managed to get all the little wedges cut and and the points sewn.  I have about half of them turned...so I just need to finish turning the points and then tons of pressing and piecing ahead of me.  I am very pleased with the colors and prints I managed to find both from my quilting stash from over the years and more than a few new additions (sheepish grin).  Pictures to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!