Movie Star Costumes...in a jiffy




I had a gig on saturday for Collaboraction where I had to dress some actors in some fifties wear and do a few look-alike costumes...here are the results. Whenever I do this kind of thing, the key is to simplify and pick what is really essential about the time period and the star/character I am trying to achieve. I pulled a few of the things from work (poodle skirts...which i made the peach one...), hit the thrift stores (scored the red James Dean coat at Salvation Army), and then regular retail stores for the rest. I got lucky with the white halter dress at Burlington Coat Factory...it makes a respectable stand in for the Seven Year Itch dress. I got the platinum wig at a Elim Beauty Supply on Broadway in Chicago (they were awesome!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!