One of my favorite costume sites: Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes

The Costumer's Guide rules! As a costume designer for the stage, I often use it to reference things I have seen in films to get ideas. But it's really great for the crafty uber-fan that wants to recreate a garment from the big screen. I have not had the time to do this yet but someday I want to make a whole slew of re-creations. Right now I am starting small and doing some for my 16" Tonner dolls. I bought a Spiderman Mary Jane with an official Kirsten Dunst likeness to revamp into Marie Antoinette! I started on a muslin and plan to make the milkmaid costume and possibly the blue silk dress or the one with the red velvet belt. (Plus I MUST make the belt for me too!) I also have the Elizabeth Swann/Kiera Knightly doll to makeover into Lizzie Bennett from Pride and Prejudice (just ask my boyfriend how often I watch that film...at least once a week). And of course, Jack Sparrow/Johnny Depp to redo as Sweeney Todd. I am hoping to nab another Euphemia doll to use as Mrs. Lovett. But really there are so many option to make. I have always loved the costumes from the recent Star Wars trilogy and I even have that kick butt Designing a Galaxy Special Edition book with all the swatches and great detail shots. I would love to make some of those. Of course...all this in my copious spare time natch.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for the linking!! Just thinking about picking up new costume for Halloween...
Alyrenee said…
You are very welcome! Let me know what you decide on...I love halloween.

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!