IT 2021 Obsession Convention Welcome Doll-A Doll's Life Vanessa Gift Set

 Here we are. Virtual convention has begun. Earlier this month, convention ticket holders were treated to a little pre-celebration goodie bag that had a shopping bag, lanyard, badge, schedule, and a little case with spare hands and a cosmetic set. It was a thoughtful touch and helped build a little excitement. (Though a little less exciting for International collectors which had to pay customs on it..boo). 

And finally the day is here.  I will admit to being slightly less than enthusiastic...mostly because it is hard to get psyched when you know you will still have to wait awhile to get the dolls (due to ongoing shipping delays).   However, my excitement level rose quite a bit when they introduced Mark Tinkey as the designer for the welcome doll and it turned out to be a Nu Fantasy giftset!He is so charming and really brings a lot of passion and joy to his work.  I appreciate the playability here and the thoughtful way he put this set together...even thinking about her being a travel doll. Very exciting!  I was also pleased to see the purse has the same print as the luggage set! I like the screening quite a bit paired with the hair.  I like that these are separates...multiple shoes too. Great accessories and jewelry (THAT RING and CHAIN BELT!). She is glorious. I even like the ball gown which is something I rarely say. I love it. The rest of the convention can be a bust...and I will at least have this set that will make the whole thing worth it!  

Another thing that perked me up was the live presentation this time as opposed to the pre-recorded stuff last year.  It really made it more fun. Also Mark is a great addition to this team (theatre training and genuine enthusiasm are key y'all).  

Item # 75031
A Doll's Life
Vanessa Perrin™ Welcome Gift Set
The 2021 Integrity Toys Convention: Obsession
The NU. Fantasy™ Collection
Edition Size: 1300
Head Sculpt: Vanessa 3.0
Body Type: FR 6.0
Foot Sculpt: High-heeled
Skin Tone: FR White
Hair Color: Light Blonde and Platinum Mix
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No

Here's a message about the "A Doll's Life" gift set inspiration directly from Mark:

"I wanted to think of NU. Fantasy in a different way for this gift set, the fantasy life of a doll made real. I was inspired by the dolls I grew up wishing I could own as a kid and YouTube videos of people obsessed with being living dolls. You'll notice oversized jewelry and details that feel doll-like, but still incredibly chic. My own love of doll gift sets and what I would want as a collector also heavily influenced this set. I wanted this to be a fantasy of mix and match play with a gorgeous doll as its main feature. I hope you have as much fun playing with this set as I had designing it for you!" -Mark Tinkey, IT Designer






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!