Yes. I'm alive...Here is a long overdue dolly update


Sorry it has been FOREVER since I have blogged.  I have been working my fanny off at my new day job (professor at UW-Madison) and had little time for anything else. And, I have to say bluntly, I have been feeling a whole lot less enthusiastic about a lot of things lately, but dolls especially.  Don't get me wrong, I still love them and have still bought more than a few over the last year. But I have only managed to unbox a few of my purchases in the last year...so I've got a big pile up waiting for me. I finally have a bit of time off and I am hoping to spend some more time with the collection. Also, I want to do some serious purging.  I am registered for the 2024 convention and planning to do room sales. So I am considering bringing a serious checked bagged filled with dolls. I think pairing down will let me focus and enjoy what I actually have more. So planning a brutal "no mercy" purge.

But there are always lows and highs with a hobby right? Of the dolls released in the last year or so, I have not been as temped to purchase as I usually am. 

Here is what I have picked up in the last year and a half and why:

Mr Brightside Auden-Love his colorful retro vibe.  I also don't have this sculpt currently and he will fit in well with the Industry fellows that I already have. 







Sensational Soiree Agnes-

I mean...she was a must have for me.  I really love (and have) the original version. I think this pink and green one is very fun. 


Sweet Temptations Tulabelle

Again...sooooo cute.  I love the outfit and the little pink combat boots. She was from the Seven Sins online event. 



Tantrum Erin Salston

Besides Sweet Temptations Tulabelle (which was a doll available for everyone to preorder from the Seven Sins event), Erin was the only other doll that I wanted. Luckily I was able to get her. 

Gathering and Seven Sins shoe pack

Blood Moon Tenzin Dahkling

All That Vampire Drama Kesenia Valentinova

The Cold Carbon collaboration dolls are sooooooo right up my alley.  I had to have them all. I do already have a Tenzin but he looks very different from this one.  I might give my other Kesenia the boot as I like this one a whole lot better.


After Dark Bellamy Blue

All Guns Blazing Jordan Duval

These were must-haves for me.  I love the dark goth western looks.  I also did not have a Jordan sculpt.  I do have a Bellamy already so I might have to boot one of them from the pack...but I suspect that this one will be different enough with the freckles...we shall see.

Pretty Pink Poppy Parker

I have managed to debox her.  She is very cute.  I hate the white blouse...but the rest of the fashion is very nice. 



Night Out Erin Salston and the accessory pack- Bought during the big sale. I really love her actually. This was a total surprise.  I only have one other Erin (Tantrum).  I managed to get a good body and head match. 



Honolulu Sunset Augustus "Gus" Blake- Also bought during the big sale. I thought about putting him in Poppy's world as I think he would look great in the pastel Palm Springs clothes.





From the Curated Event:

I picked up Behind The Curtain Zuri Okoty, Modern Renaissance Binna Park,  Classically Surreal Isha Kalpana Narayanan, and Silver Cloud Poppy Parker Doll at the Curated event. So far, I have only unboxed Cloud Poppy...whom I adore.  I am still waffling on the others.  I like that Zuri is like a mini-giftset.  

Other things picked up:

Pride Shoe Packs

Runway in Milan Colette Duranger (bought for the fun outfits)


Jason Wu Spring 2021 (Pink) Poppy Parker Doll

I was pretty chuffed to win the lottery on this one with only one entry.  She is one of my favorites and I really love the screening.

Poppy Parker Décor Set

My Hair Fair Zuri Okoty Doll


Pre-Orders:


Modular Trunk System and the extra pieces- this was soooo pricey but in the end I decided it would be fun to have and I have the space to make a display out of it in my studio. I think it will be nice for photos.

Redefined Luxury Kyori Sato-I was very into a good chunk of this set. I don't currently have a Kyori either so this one was pretty much a must have. I really love the suit and the overcoat.

Ones that I wanted but did not get:

I tired for the Ginger Gilroy Chain Reaction giftset but did not win it.  Maybe I can get it on a trade?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!

Integrity Toys 2023 Year in Review