2021 W Club 1st Exclusive: Resort Ready Poppy Parker from the Palm Springs Collection!

 

Finally!  The boring blonde blah streak is broken. While many were hoping for a Nubian tone poppy...designer David Buttry has given us the closest thing in the Dark A-Tone shade.  I think she looks divine.  I especially appreciate the added bonus of heeled and articulated ankle lower legs with shoes to boot.  The fashion is yummy and the quality looks great. The dashiki-style dress features a zipper up the back, a removable belt, embroidery, and beading. The jewelry is nice (I believe it is the same set seen on one of the Brazil dolls but in a new colorway). I also like the hair style and the neutral, uncluttered makeup. (Thankfully no bright pink lips!). 

ICE BUCKET! Tutti Frutti! Tongs! I mean...I am sucker for the little accessories.  Even though I currently have little to no room to display this kind of nonsense. I do so love miniatures and someday... SOMEDAY... I will have the space to have wee dioramas. It is a moral imperative.

The only thing that would have made this sweater is a little swimsuit and cover up. I plan to make one to match.  I might make a few extras to sell in my etsy store. We shall see. David did confirm that she has matching satin "underthings" so I could just make a gold or peachy bikini top and simple robe or sarong.

I ordered her...in case you couldn't tell. While the prices are indeed going up, I feel like this set has respectable bang for the buck. I think between this gal and the Pink Lemonade Upgrade girl, I am pretty set for the Palm Springs Collection.  I am trying to reduce my consumption.  However, if we get a tan-tone Ginger or a Poppy guy...I could be convinced.  I am sure I will want some of the fashions though so hopefully I can find a split.  Though, I have found it is usually a much better deal to just buy the whole doll and then sell off the doll nude in order to keep the accessories and clothes. But there is a hassle factor that that can get annoying. 

Item # 77211
Resort Ready
Poppy Parker® Dressed Doll
Poppy Parker® In Palm Springs Collection
2021 W Club Exclusive Doll

Edition Size: TBD
Expected Ship Date: Winter 2021/2022
Retail Price: $165.00
(Only $25.00 Due Now to Pre-order!)
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body Type: Poppy Parker
Foot Sculpt: High-heeled & Articulated Ankle
Skin Tone: Dark A-Tone
Hair Color: Black
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No
The Story:

Poppy Parker has just arrived in Palm Springs and can't wait to check out the sights, starting with exploring the grounds where she is staying at the Palmer Hotel. Ice bucket in hand, she strolls down to the pool hoping to spot a movie star or two, but everyone there seems to think that she's the most camera-ready person at the resort!

Included:

  • 12-inch articulated doll with rooted hair and hand-applied eyelashes;
  • Robin's egg blue chiffon tunic dress, trimmed in gold embroidery with beaded details that add a touch of glamour to her lovely Summer look;
  • Blue and "gold" Mod earrings ;
  • Faux-leather handbag with golden chain accent;
  • Cuff bracelet with Blue cloisonné detail and matching ring;
  • Golden, oversized sunglasses;
  • New! Fabulous vintage-inspired ice bucket and ice tong accessory;
  • "Ice cubes" for the ice bucket;
  • Tropical cocktail glass accessory;
  • Miniature liquor bottle accessory;
  • Metallic "gold" strappy low heels for articulated ankle feet;
  • Blue and "gold" pumps for high-heeled feet;
  • Pair of regular Poppy Parker hands;
  • Alternate pair of long manicured hands;
  • Doll stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!