W Club 2021 Registration is Open! Upgrade dolls are raising the bar.

 


I've gotta say, I was fully expecting to be underwhelmed so it came as a nice surprise that I am finding myself tempted to get all three (plus maybe an extra). I was also expecting either the prices to go way up...or the dolls to get very basic. However, the prices only seem to have gone up a little bit ($140) and the outfits are not basic and come with swell accessories (BAGS!!!). For Elyse especially, this is a deal as we have rarely seen this sculpt in recent years at a price point lower than $175. If you have any interest in collecting Integrity dolls, the club is totally worth it if only to get access to the club dolls which you are guaranteed to be able to obtain without the anxiety-inducing hunt for pre-orders.  Plus there are lotteries...love them or hate them. And news.  And price reductions on some things like the Jem sets (of which more are coming...at least three I believe...ouch my wallet). 

You can signup until 3/8/21.  https://www.wclubforum.com/wclubregistration.html

Thoughts below...


Item # 82148
Fit To Print
Nadja Rhymes™ Dressed Doll
The NU. Face® Collection
2021 W Club Upgrade


*$140; (This doll will have a $25 non-refundable deposit due immediately, with a $115 + shipping/handling/taxes balance due at shipping time, approximately in Summer 2021).

Edition Size: TBD
Head Sculpt: Nadja 2.0
Body Type: NF 3.0
Foot Sculpt: High-heeled
Skin Tone: Hungarian
Hair Color: Cinnamon 
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No

Story:

The paparazzi can't help themselves; grabbing the perfect candid shot of Miss Rhymes is quickly becoming a national sport! And who could blame the press? With such a flawless look and bold attitude, they know that everyone wants to be in on her beauty secrets and of course, Nadja is more than happy to make a statement!

Includes:

  • 12.5-inch articulated doll with luscious, fully rooted hair and hand applied eyelashes;
  • Fashionable perfectly matched three-piece outfit, composed of a pair of slim pants, a bustier and a long-sleeved shoulder shrug;
  • Matching NU. Face carry-all;
  • Matching platform heels;
  • Lavendar pleather belt and matching purse;
  • Sunglasses;
  • Houndstooth earrings and cuff bracelet;
  • Ring;
  • Pair of long manicured hands;
  • Alternate pair of grip hands;
  • Doll stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.
Cute.  Boy am I tired of high ponytails so initially I was thinking I would pass.  However, she is growing on me and I might cave and get her.  Finally they decided Nadja deserved pants. The outfit is cute. Sadly, I sold my Checking in Collette which was also Tati/Alleia inspired. I like that this outfit has separates and not one but TWO bags. I love the hungarian tone paired with the cinnamon hair. And baby hairs! Pretty screening as well.  I did not end up keeping London show...so currently I only have the recent Enchantress Nadja in the nubian tone. Hmmmmm.


Item # 91525
Bijou
Elyse Jolie™ Dressed Doll
The Fashion Royalty® Collection
2021 W Club Upgrade Doll
*$140; (This doll will have a $25 non-refundable deposit due immediately, with a $115 + shipping/handling/taxes balance due at shipping time, approximately in Summer 2021).

Edition Size: TBD
Head Sculpt: Elyse
Body Type: FR 6.0
Foot Sculpt: High-heeled
Skin Tone: A-Tone
Hair Color: Deep Sable
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No

Story:

Elyse Jolie makes a vibrant appearance at the Parisian League of Honors Gala, wearing a fantastic couture ensemble, fit for a lady of her aristocratic position!

Includes:

  • 12.5-inch articulated doll with luscious, fully rooted hair and hand applied eyelashes;
  • High-contrast, pink and black gown (one-piece);
  • Elaborate "pearl" encrusted necklace;
  • Star shaped earrings with "pearl" detail;
  • "Pearl" Ring;
  • "Jewel" clutch;
  • Pink heels;
  • Pair of long manicured hands;
  • Alternate pair of "grip" hands;
  • Doll stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.
Well I love the Elyse sculpt quite a bit. I sold my Seduisante so I would love to have an Elyse in a deeper tone like this one.  I like the screening here too.  Looks a lot like the Isha screening from style lab. I plan to give her a bobbed haircut.  I will be selling the dress.  Nope.  This should have been two pieces: a body suit and a skirt. I love the little jem star style earrings with the pearl. I also don't have the jewel clutch yet. This whole look does seem like it would work nicely with the jewel-tone evening gown FR girls from last year and convention. When you consider they all cost closer to $160-$175...then this doll is a comparative bargain. 

Item # 77209
Pink Lemonade
Poppy Parker® Dressed Doll
Poppy Parker® in Palm Springs Collection
2021 W Club Upgrade Doll

$140; (This doll will have a $25 non-refundable deposit due immediately, with a $115 + shipping/handling/taxes balance due at shipping time, approximately in Summer 2021).

Edition Size: TBD
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body Type: PP 1.5
Foot Sculpt: High-heeled
Skin Tone: Japan
Hair Color: Pink
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No

Story:

Poppy is in Palm Springs at one of the most posh events of the year, The Pink Lemonade Social. Not only is Poppy attending, but as a favor of the hostess, local fashion designer Lovey Lowell, she is modeling a custom ensemble made just for the occasion.

With her wide brimmed pink hat and bold lemon print dress, all eyes will be on Poppy. She's the pink of perfection!

Includes:

  • 12-inch articulated doll with luscious, fully rooted hair and hand applied eyelashes;
  • Vibrant, bold, lemon printed dress;
  • Wide brimmed pink hat with printed scarf detail;
  • Hot pink pleather purse;
  • Matching pleather open-toe heels;
  • Oversized sunglassed with pink tinted lenses;
  • Beaded dangling earrings;
  • Two bangle bracelets;
  • Ring;
  • Pair of Poppy Parker hands;
  • Alternate pair of grip hands;
  • Doll stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.

Well, she's adorable. No brainer. I love the Big Eyes screening and the lighter pink hair.  I think I will straighten mine though as I think the hat will be better with straight hair. 
I love a wide brimmed hat. The dress is cute. I have an Alexander Henry lemon print that is very similar. I am hoping we will be seeing the Lovey Lowell as a new character! I might get a second membership so that I can buy two of this Poppy and reroot her in mint.  I love the screening and the style lab poppies are soooo expensive.  I am still scared to take Kicky out of the box.



Onto the tea...
I saw people complaining that pink hair wasn't a thing in the 60s...yawn. Please. Shut. Up. Fantasy yall.  We just got like five blonde poppies in a row! 

I am hoping that when/if they do open edition Poppies, they give us a nubian version. That would be FANTASTIC...but boy would it make some people annoyed.

Which leads me to my next complaint....doll racists. Fantasy yall. Embrace diversity or SHUT. UP.  Nobody wants to hear you say dumb, racist things like "but she has caucasian features" or "I only like light skin dolls"...etc. Ridiculous. You can like what you like, but understand the micro-aggressions embedded in comments like that...especially when you repeat it over and over. Representation is important and there is demand and room for a full spectrum of doll diversity. 

Okay...now where is my wallet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!