W Club Final exclusive 2020-2021: NuFace A Fashionable Legacy Violaine Perrin

 




So this happened.  I have been pokey to blog about it because initially I was pretty salty about it. Well, I am still pretty salty about it. The name of this set refers back to the A Fashionable Life Vanessa gift set from 2005 sold by FAO Schwartz and limited to 300 pieces. It was a great gift set that I would kill to have. It featured red and black pieces, luggage, and a stunning Vanessa with raven hair, a retro hairstyle, and a widow's peak!

Taking the original inspiration into consideration, this offering tries but fails to live up to the original in my opinion. First of all...what in the fresh hell is this "fashion" trying to do? Raw edges do not make a fashion edgy. In doll scale, it just makes things cheaper. This whole thing is a big ole mess...and a big ole miss.  Had it not had raw edges, I might have considered these pieces for Cruella Tatyana...as she can pull off a more costumey look. However, the raw edges and the extra large printed trompe l'oiel stitching are just too much.  The parti-coloured romper and jacket in red and black scream Harley Quinn. I like Harley...but there are one two many things happening here. I think the whole thing would be much more successful sans the raw edges and if the romper had been all one fabric.  The whole thing feels closer to 'play-line' in terms of concept and execution. 

The micro-mini dress is okay. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. It is not something I would go out of my way to purchase. Using tulle is a cost cutting-measure. It is an inexpensive material that requires no hemming. Had there been a fashion paired with this that was not so incredibly hideous, I might have been more forgiving of this little dress.  Paired with the feather trimmed sandals, it is much closer to lingerie/nightie land.

I do like the mint purse, the branded NuFace choker, the suitcase, and the carrying case. Not a fan of the boots.  I find the tall boot trend with the dolls so tired...we have had too many.  Also, I tend to have horrible lucky getting the damn things on. I will be selling these.

The doll itself is lovely. I like this sculpt and love the screening and retro style hair. She is very different in look to the purple haired Violane that I already have. As fellow members pointed out, this gal would make a nice trio with the recently released Wu fragrance Vanessa and Veronique dolls with raven hair...or with the Fetish Fatale boudoir Vero. Designer Jessy Ayala has really worked wonders with the screenings on many of these dolls. I am just not enjoying his clothing design choices as of late.  

The price is $199. I guess this is what we can expect now with doll prices.  Everything is creeping up and we are getting much less bang for our buck (see tulle mini dress that likely costs $5 total including labor to produce).  My saltiness is because, while I hate about 60% of this set, I still ordered it.  I am a sucker. I only hope I can get some of the money back for the clothes and shoes and keep the doll and the accessory bits that I like. Here's hoping for better fashion days ahead.

Item # 82128
A Fashionable Legacy
Violaine Perrin™ Gift Set
The NU. Face™ Collection
2020 W Club Exclusive
Limited Edition: TBD
Estimated Arrival: Summer 2021
Retail Price: $199 + Shipping & Handling
Head Sculpt: Vanessa 2.0/Violaine 1.0
Body Type: NF 3.0
Foot Sculpt: High-heeled
Skin Tone: Japan
Hair Color: Raven
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No
The Story:

Introducing Violaine Perrin as you've never seen her before! Ready to make her presence known in the world and have her first high-society moment, the youngest member of the Perrin clan is packing a sophisticated, perfectly matched wardrobe in her sleek, brand new designer luggage! She's all set to continue the Perrin family's fashionable legacy!

Included:

  • 12.5-inch articulated doll with rooted hair and hand-applied eyelashes;
  • High-contrast, short bodysuit with a matching jacket with "raw" edges on the red segments;
  • Flashy vivid red pleather lace-up thigh-high boots;
  • Black and red tulle, off-the-shoulder baby doll dress;
  • Show-stopping "NU. Face" themed choker;
  • Separate chain necklace;
  • Faux-diamond earrings and ring set;
  • Vivid red cat-eyed sunglasses;
  • Pair of faux-fur trimmed high-heeled shoes;
  • Mint colored trunk purse;
  • Designer monogrammed suitcase;
  • Pair of long manicured nail hands;
  • Alternate pair of grip hands;
  • Acrylic doll stand and pole;
  • Bonus! Matching trunk packaging;
  • Certificate of authenticity;





Comments

Galacticatt said…
Yeah the outfit was very Monster High. I love the suitcase and the doll but it's a bit steep for $199... I think I'll be able to sell the high boots and probably the cheap tulle dress but nobody is going to want that jacket.
NickNifty said…
You and I are sharing a brain on this one. I agree on all points and am also a sucker.
NickNifty said…
You and I are sharing a brain on this one. I agree with you on every point and I am also a sucker.

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!