Bergdorf Poppy Thunderdome Sequel: Jason Wu Anniversary Kiss Poppy Parker

 ***Update!  I won the blonde.  I am shook. I am waiting to pay for her along with the convention bounty coming this weekend.  I fear I will be too afraid to take her out of the box for a bit. 

Welcome to the Thunderdome. 2000+ Poppy collectors enter...with a potential for only 800 to leave with a doll.  However, we know it will be much less since, with any lottery doll, W Club members might have multiple memberships or trade for additional chances. Here we have two dolls limited to 400 of each.  Brutal.  It would have been a brutal lottery even at 1000 pieces. Of course, there are bound to be many mercenaries entering only to flip the dolls for a profit (and then have Integrity drop-ship them directly to the buyer). Once someone wins a right-to-buy lottery, of course they can do whatever they want (within the w club rules).  However, I find it distasteful myself and inviting bad karma. I am a judgey bitch evidently...so much so that I use the 'block' feature on the forum to help me remember which members engage in "scalping-adjacent" activities so that I know to think twice about being helpful to that member in the future. Everyone has reasons why they might sell a doll and everyone is free to sell a doll for whatever price they want. In turn, buyers are free to buy a doll at whatever price they are willing to pay. I am also free to want fairness and generosity to be more important than profit. (Soap-box).

As with all recent Jason Wu designed dolls lately, the price point is gag-worthy.  Priced at $175, these are slim on accessories and don't have the velvet touch. Comparatively, the recent IFDC Viva Poppy gift-set had three complete outfits and a cute bag for only $185. The dress design is a call back to the original Bergdorf Goodman "Fashion's Night Out" Poppy. I actually love the cut of both the dress and the coat. Some think it is boxy and frumpy. I disagree.  It has a classic retro look to me and the coat reminds me of the Sabrina Chauffeur's Daughter gift-set coat. I also love the signature heavy Bergdorf brow screening combined with the long braid.  Both dolls are gorgeous, but I am drawn more to the Blonde FR White this time around as I am not in love with that pink lip on the Brunette FR Black. I entered for blondey but won't be busted up if (when) I don't win.  Convention is right around the corner...more dolls are coming. 

Item #12317
Anniversary Kiss (Blond)
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
The Jason Wu 20th Anniversary Collection
Edition Size: 450

Item #12318
Anniversary Kiss (Brunette)
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll
The Jason Wu 20th Anniversary Collection
Edition Size: 450

Expected Ship Date: In stock, should ship after winners' payments are received
Price: $175.00 + Shipping/Handling Each Doll (Sold Separately)

*W Club Right-to-buy Lottery Offer*
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Body Type: Poppy Parker 1.5
Foot Sculpt: Articulated Ankle
Skin Tone: FR White (Blond) and FR Black (Brunette)
Hair Colors: Blond (Item # 12317) and Brunette (Item # 12318)
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Velvet Touch: No
Quickswitch: No
The Story:

It's a special occasion and Poppy Parker, everyone's favorite teenage fashion model, blows an anniversary kiss to designer Jason Wu to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his collaboration with Integrity Toys! Dressed in a Jason Wu original creation, this totally groovy doll is available in two color variations and comes packaged in Jason Wu signature packaging!

Included:

  • 12" fully articulated doll with rooted hair and hand-applied eyelashes;
  • Sassy polka dot long sleeved dress with oversized bow detail at the neck;
  • Fashionable boxy trench coat, with shawl collar and functional pocket details (perfect for a cool autumn day of shopping in the Big Apple!);
  • Black "patent leather" ballerina slippers;
  • Black stud earrings;
  • Two miniature Jason Wu shopping bag accessories;
  • Doll stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.

Comments

Lori said…
We are on the same soap box. Maybe that will bring us true collectors luck! I sure hope so.

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!