2019 Resolutions...for Realz this time

Okay 2019. I see you. I get it. I need to make some changes. STOP JUDGING ME 2019. Fine...


But before I start...I have legit grown-up Job goals but I am not going to bore you with my smarty-pants professor nonsense. No one wants to read about my lofty goal of having a paper published in a national design journal or getting a gig in a LORT theatre...so just assume I have deep thoughts too and it is not all about unicorn farts and dolls.

Here is my noble list of Resolutions...

Bullet Journaling.

I have been using planners for the last two years. While I enjoyed them...I had to keep two separate planners to fit all the crap I wanted to write down and was forever losing where I wrote things down. So I am trying the bullet journal thing. So far so good. And no...I will not be posting gorgeous layouts of hand drawn unicorns and pressed flowers. I spend a great deal of time making and drawing beautiful things...so in my downtime, I just want a good old-fashioned list. I might get fancy and use a purple pen or thrown in a sticker...but I am sticking to the basics or else I won't stick with it.

Mindfulness.

I am trying to live in the moment more. I have deleted facebook from my phone (but not my account...I'm just not spending time on it right now). I am trying to be present...allowing myself to be bored even. I am also trying to be mindful when it comes to eating and also about the way in which I think about myself. 

Reduce Clutter.

I have a lot of crap. I am trying to purge a lot of that crap. Right now I am working on eBay-ing and donating lots of stuff. I have not gone full Kon-Mari on my closets and life yet...but I am working my way to it slowly. In addition, I am trying not to buy more crap. 

Work Down Stashes.

So many stashes. Drowning in stashes. Makeup. Skincare. Fabric. Yarn. Wool. Crafts. Beads. Etc. I need to work on what I have and not buy anything new. I am continuing my Fabfitfun subscription though just to keep me from going rogue at an Ulta sale. Plus it is generally a pretty sweet deal. I also plan to keep my Sophie and Toffee elves box subscriptions.


Run 6 Races and 300 miles in 2019

I started running regularly in June and have stuck with it. I want to do at least six races this year and run 300 miles in 2019. I have my first race in two weeks.  Weeeeee.

Strength/Weight-Training.


Man I hate doing it...especially at the gym. So I need to find a way to make it less hateful...which might mean doing some of it while watching tv. Need to get a kettleball or something.

Don't Save it for the Queen.

The queen is not coming over anytime soon...so use your good stuff now. Put on the fancy perfume to get a new jar of mayonaise from Aldi. Use the good china to eat box mac and cheese. Wear glitter eyeliner to your office hours. 

Only buy what you love. Only keep what you love...and what you actually use.

I am applying this to dolls, fabric, shoes, clothes, and makeup. 

Weekly redress/rotation.

I've got so many bins of dolly clothes that have not seen the light of day in some time. While purging my human clothes, I am planning to purge my doll clothes too. I am also trying to stick to redressing at least one gal a week. I want to photo the doll too. Deboxing will count of course. 

Weekly Manicures.

At home of course...I'm not that fancy. My hands get beat to hell at my day job. Having my nails painted makes me treat them a little nicer. So I've already been good about keeping the cuticles oiled and I've had them painted for the last three weeks in a row...which is probably more than I have managed in my entire life. I will be allowing the purchase of more nail polish though (it is exempt from the no new makeup ban). 

52 Craft Challenge.

I'm going to do at least one crafty (non-work related) thing a week.

Learn Japanese.

I'm taking a class. 


I should probably say...Blog more regularly...but let's be real here.

I have finally taken to Instagram. So maybe you should follow me.

https://www.instagram.com/alyreneeamidei/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!