Reflecting on my year in plastic: State of the Doll Collection 2020

I am looking at my cabinet...what has come and gone over this year? Well, I recently re-did the layout of the two Ikea detolfs that I have. I am most definitely running out of room and sweating the impending Jem-a-lanche. I moved my custom Blythe to my office...also Katy Keene and the East 59th Squad to my office collection to make some more room for Jem. I picked up the Divine Intervention Victoire head this year for a good price.  I love a good hair streak and I had a matching East 59th body so it was a win win. Other than that, no new East 59th gals for me this year. 

As for Jem, I brought the Flipside Up-n-Rockin Jem and box to my office to display but added the Jerrica to the cabinet at home. I did not keep any of the dolls from the Perfect Match set...just the fashions and the sweet stand. I have the misfits two doll set on pre-order.  I entered the lottery for Aja and Shana. Pizazz may or may not stay when she gets here.  

The Industry shelf is getting super crowded what with the two new additions of She's That Witch Sookie and Carry On Janay. I do really enjoy the Industry dolls and generally they get re-dressed the most of the dolls. 

As for Poppy...it was a slim year.  I picked up Dazzling Debut Poppy from the convention. She is just yummy.  I also got Viva Poppy from IFDC because I loved the most of the fashions.  I like the doll too but might end up selling or trading her off perhaps. On pre-order, I have the recent Holiday Ginger who is completely perfect.  I also have Undercover Angel on order. I definitely wanted her for the casual jeans, shirt, and blazer. I am not sure if the doll herself will stay or not when she gets here. I am absurdly picky with Poppy.  I managed to get my hands on Anniversary Kiss Blonde from the Jason Wu Collection. She was stupid expensive and is now going for the price of small island nations....so I am still a little petrified to take her out of her package.  I might take her for a spin the shelf this week.  But dang, it makes me nervous.  Anyone else like that? Like I still have Kicky in the box from last year for the same reason...and was like that with Kicks and Big Eyes before that. 

On the Nu Face Shelf...I added the mademoiselle twins...though I am still planning to do a reroot or add some festive highlights to Lilith as I am not loving that I have three purple haired nu face dolls between the twins and Planet Violane. It Girl Magic Collette came on the scene this year. I sold Like No Other Nadja after I got Enchantress Nadja, who I still have to free from the box this week.  Other than that, no other additions save for the recent Dolly Days Rayna who is now on pre-order.

I split the FR shelf into two...one is for regular FR and then I have a new shelf that is more of a catch all/high concept shelf. I have my custom motorcycle Mugler doll here. This is now where my Anika Luxotica is hanging with Neo Look Adele. Narcissism Eugenia will join her as well and Mothership Dania IF SHE EVER GETS HERE!!!! I also have Scared Lotus Agnes up here too.  I am thinking they are all in a little goth future coven...so I added the last of my two remaining Coven gals: Madison and Myrtle Snow.  Also, Cruella Tatyana fits here nicely.  I am hoping to get a body for my long hair Techrat head so they have a dark fellow too.

Also on this shelf are my Riverdale dolls...I finally got a cream body for my red-head Declan (from the Fairytale convention) so he has joined Jughead (Laird from East 59th), Cheryl (Tilda from supermodel convention), Veronica (itbe black hair minx), and Betty (blonde jetta sculpt).

On the regular Fashion Royalty shelf: I have added the first Zuri doll with the curly hair. I bought Mischevious Keeki for the outfit but I am not sure I will keep the doll. She's pretty but I already have a few purple hair dolls. I kept the yummy Miami Glow Kesenia from convention. Paolo Marino from Monarch is also new to the shelf. As soon as my darn kaiser stands get here, the recent Style Lab Isha, Korrine, and Jolie will be joining the shelf.  I still have not decided on the Kyori. I don't think the Celebration Aymeline is staying.  She doesn't quite fit with what I have...but I still have not pulled the trigger on selling her yet. 

I added the Tonner Training Armor Wonder Woman to my collection this year too.  I got a good deal on her along with the stand, sword, shield, and the wool undercover suit.  I am working on making the white wrap dress from the upcoming movie.

I was also very naughty and pre-ordered the Loki Endgame Hot Toys figure. I still need to get a Thor and Captain America at some point...maybe a Bucky too. 



Comments

Galacticatt said…
I want to see your Riverdale dolls!

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!