W Club Exclusives 2019: Midnight Decadence Poppy Parker and Ocean Drive Agnes Von Weiss

Well hello there...I am indeed still alive.  It's been awhile.  The spring semester was brutal and my have I been distracted...but onto dolls.  In what has felt like the longest of waits, we finally got a glimpse of the first two W Club exclusive dolls: Midnight Decadence Poppy and Ocean Drive Agnes.

It's Poppy's 10th anniversary and I assume this is the first in what will be a blunderbuss doll situation...a poppy avalanche. Just get the t-shirt cannon and load em up with Poppies...and try not to lose an eye.

So it is with this idea of the coming Poppy storm that leads me to approach any and all offerings with skepticism. I must be choosey or risk drowning in the pouty lipped teen queen.




Midnight Decadence, while very pretty, is totally not my thing.  I am not a gown person and can occasionally be swayed to like a good cocktail dress.  This one comes close. I like that it is convertible and, without the train, it looks just like my 1989 Homecoming dress. If it were anything but black, I would likely have caved...like this in coral with that hair and the faintly red eyebrows...sigh, that would have been gorgeous. The hair is similar to Misty Hollows Poppy but with the smokier and more 'grown up' screenings seen on the IFDC Poppies like It Girl. The nude lip also allows for more flexibility with redressing. The set also comes with a cute illustration and that monogram on the purse is ADORABLE. I really hope we see that re-occur in the rest of the offerings this year.

The price is seems crazy to me though. But I guess this is the new normal.

Item # PP152
Midnight Decadence
Poppy Parker™ Dressed Doll 
The Poppy Parker™ Collection 
10th Anniversary Souvenir Doll
2019 W Club Exclusive
Expected Ship Date:
Fall 2019
Special Member-Only Pricing:
$140 + S & H
Edition Size: TBD
Head Sculpt: Poppy Parker
Foot Sculpt: High-heeled Foot
Skin Tone: FR White
Hair Color: Platinum Blonde
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No
The Story:

Since her introduction in 2009, Poppy Parker has grown to become the sweetheart of an ever growing legion of fans who adore her sweet, groovy look and versatility! Celebrate our girl's 10th Anniversary as the most fashionable teenage model of the swinging 60s with Midnight Decadence! Created just for the occasion by Poppy Parker creator and Integrity Toys designer David Buttry, Poppy Parker is ready for a star filled evening we'll all remember for years to come! Cheers Poppy; here's to another decade!

Included:

  • 12" fully articulated doll with luscious rooted hair and hand-applied eyelashes;
  • Sparkling black evening gown with removable train (to create two different looks with one dress!), featuring a lovely black satin bow at the bust line and soft marabou feather accents;
  • Newly designed clutch purse with golden "PP" logo deco piece and chain accents;
  • Golden "jeweled" brooch;
  • Matching "jeweled" cuff bracelets, pair of drop earrings and ring;
  • Black satin pumps with marabou feather accents;
  • Black satin hair ribbon;
  • Sheer stockings;
  • Alternate pair of hands;
  • SPECIAL BONUS! 8 X 10 full color, limited edition printed souvenir sketch by David Buttry;
  • Doll stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.

Final fabrics, colors and textures may vary slightly. For adult collectors ages 15 and up only.



Agnes is definitely one of my favorite sculpts.  I try to limit getting duplicates of sculpts but Agnes (and Giselle) seem to multiply beyond my control.  It is wonderful to see her in the FR Black tone (as opposed to Japan....yawn). Her face up is fierce and she looks fresh.  The Versace inspired fashions here are fun but not really my style.  I do love that they aren't black though. I think the price on this set is pretty darn good considering there are two great pairs of shoes in the set and two complete looks. The hair is versatile and at least a variation on the 'high pony' thing that seems to be Jessy Ayala's favorite thing ever.


I am definitely ordering her and hoping she will make up for the deep regret I have for selling Nightfall Agnes (but hey...I had a wedding to pay for..."But I can't regret, what I did for love...what I did for LOVE!"). Now I really hope we get a Giselle in a darker tone to pair with her. I like to keep the sisters in coordinated pairs. (And now I regret selling the Alladin inspired Wanderlust Giselle from Supermodel Convention. Le sigh).

Item # 91447
Ocean Drive
Baroness Agnes Von Weiss™
Dressed Doll Mini Gift Set 
The Fashion Royalty® Collection 
2019 W Club Exclusive
Expected Ship Date:
Fall 2019
Special Member-Only Pricing:
$165.00 + S & H
Edition Size: TBD
Head Sculpt: Agnes
Foot Sculpt: High heel
Skin Tone: FR Black
Hair Color: Dark Espresso
Eyelashes: Yes, Hand-applied
Quickswitch: No
The Story:

When the call came that she was to urgently fly to Miami to meet with two mysterious fashion insiders to discuss a new business plan, the Baroness insisted that the meeting take place at one of Ocean Drive's most fashionable venues, because secret plan or not, La Von Weiss couldn't pass on a chance to do things in style!

And, how exactly does such an already perfectly polished lady reinvent herself for such an adventure? Easy! She reminds her favorite stylist that he owes her a favor... And voila, the hottest new threads are delivered at her penthouse before she can even ask her awestruck assistants "how do I look?" Now... if this could be enough to impress the two ladies she's about to meet with, perhaps this could mean major business for Von Weiss International!

Included:

  • 12.5" fully articulated doll with rooted hair and hand-applied eyelashes;
  • High-fashion, ocean inspired, hand-drawn and custom printed bathing suit with matching sheer sun-skirt;
  • Matching hand-drawn and custom printed open-toe sandals;
  • Newly designed "golden" seashell-inspired jewelry set, which includes ankle and wrist bangle bracelets, elaborate drop earrings, starfish ring;
  • Alternate set of jewelry composed of earrings, necklace and cuff bracelet (for more mix-and-match possibilities!);
  • Perfectly draped, ankle length cocktail dress with micro-sequins at the back and delicate chain shoulder strap details;
  • "Golden" spectator heels to match Agnes' evening look;
  • Clutch purse;
  • Oversized sunglasses;
  • Pair of hands (with long nails);
  • Alternate pair of hands (with short nails);
  • Doll stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.

Final fabrics, hand-drawn bathing suit print, colors and textures may vary slightly. For adult collectors ages 15 and up only.

Comments

Galacticatt said…
I agree with everything! I actually like the Poppy but the price was surprising and the fashion not my thing. I got her anyway. I hope someone will buy her dress (my split decided he wanted the full deal). The shoes are cute.

LOVE that Agnes- she is so freaking gorgeous. Once again the fashions are not my style but I do like the mini Versace print and matching print on the shoes, and some attempt to make the Versace jewelry from that shoot-

I couldn't resist anyway because with such a gorgeous doll, it was worth it to me even if she had been nude with two sets of nice shoes and some jewelry scraps.

Popular posts from this blog

W Club Exclusive Doll "Mademoiselle Eden" from Nu Face...

Paris Doll Convention News

IT Dolly Days East 59th La Femme Godiva Collection with New Characters!