I am a whore for this makeup line. I absolutely ADORE That Gal and Some Kind of Gorgeous. Badlash is also wonderful. This is a good deal. Enter ALLTHREE at checkout for a discount.
Well finally, we have Ginger. Fashion Week convention attendees got a brief but promising glimpse of her, but it is wonderful to finally see her in full color. I am quite pleased with her sculpt. She is really very cute and looks great with the red hair. I am not loving the fashions though. I don't do gowns or prom dresses so if I bought this set, then I'd be selling off the fashions. Great jewels though and I like that little fur wrap. Two dolls for $200 is a really good price though. However, I suspect many will be trying to unload Poppy (and the fashions) and keep Ginger. I like the ash blonde on Poppy but I don't know if I need her....so consequently I still don't know if I need the set. It feels silly to buy something for only one quarter of the whole thing...(this coming from someone who bought a whole doll just for the belt and earrings...so I am an unreliable narrator). For now, I am sitting on this and have not jumped on the pr...
We got our fourth club doll of the 2020 club year and it is another Poppy gift set. This one is $25 more than the Poppy/Ginger set from last year. However, this set does feature more pieces with better mis and match potential (party frocks are boring yall...). I do wish the dolls themselves were more different. Like the Spice Poppy could have had a brunette short cut like the super cute Sabrina dolls. I will be ordering this one because I must have the saddle shoes and I love a little cardigan. I will not be keeping the Sugar blonde. I might keep Spice...she looks a bit like the Oh La La from the Bon Bon collection which I sold (and regretted). I might give her a shorted cut though like Agnes Merveilleuse. I wish this set was a bit less pink. Item # 77188 Sugar & Spice Poppy Parker™ Duo-Doll Gift Set The Poppy Parker™ Collection 2020 W Club Exclusive Limited Edition: TBD Estimated Arrival: Summer 2021 Retail Price: $225.00 He...
Sorry it has been FOREVER since I have blogged. I have been working my fanny off at my new day job (professor at UW-Madison) and had little time for anything else. And, I have to say bluntly, I have been feeling a whole lot less enthusiastic about a lot of things lately, but dolls especially. Don't get me wrong, I still love them and have still bought more than a few over the last year. But I have only managed to unbox a few of my purchases in the last year...so I've got a big pile up waiting for me. I finally have a bit of time off and I am hoping to spend some more time with the collection. Also, I want to do some serious purging. I am registered for the 2024 convention and planning to do room sales. So I am considering bringing a serious checked bagged filled with dolls. I think pairing down will let me focus and enjoy what I actually have more. So planning a brutal "no mercy" purge. But there are always lows and highs with a hobby right? Of the dolls released i...
Comments